What do I get?
- Glory, Victory & Pride
- Mud Ninja T-Shirt
- Ninja Star Medallion
- 1 Complimentary Beer (21 yrs or older)
- Complimentary underwear full of mud!
Will it be difficult?
Whether you are a couch potato, a once-a-year weekend warrior, or an Olympic athlete, you will experience adventure and excitement like never before.
Will Chuck Norris be there this year?
Maybe, maybe not. There is always the possibility. That’s why we make you sign the waiver.
Is the Mud Ninja a Race?
If you want it to be, it is! Timing bibs are optional and the top runners by age group will receive Mud Ninja swords. Mud Ninja, however, is more about beating the voice in your head that says, “YOU CAN’T DO THAT!” every time you begin to dream big. Completing Mud Ninja silences that voice, defines who you are, and injects your soul with a passion to live life to the fullest. If you can beat the Mud Ninja, you can do anything!
What should I know about The Little Mud Ninja Challenge?
There will be plenty of mud for the little ones! This course is designed for kids 2 – 13 years of age. Mom and Dad are only allowed on the Little Mud Ninja’s Course if they have signed a waiver. If parents are going to run The Extreme Challenge and their kids are going to run The Little Mud Ninja’s Challenge, it is best to schedule the events one hour apart or more. There are no shirts or teams involved with the The Little Mud Ninja Challenge. There are age appropriate medals given out.
Do I have to complete every obstacle?
Safety is our number one concern. Skip an obstacle if you must. If you do though, the Mud Ninja will know, he is everywhere and you will not be eligible for a Ninja Sword.
How much is parking?
Parking is $10.00 per car load at the gate. As the Mud Ninja is a fan of nature and our planet, carpooling is encouraged.
How old do I have to be to participate?
At least 14 years old. If you are under 18 years old, a parent or legal guardian must sign a waiver in order for you to participate.
Is it safe?
Obstacles, mud and gravity combine like never before at this event. There is risk of injury. You must sign a wavier to participate. Sign the waiver and bring it with you to the event. You must have a valid form of ID when presenting your waiver.
How long is the course?
It is between 3 to 4 miles long.
How do I join a team?
Choose “Select a Team” during the registration process and pick the team you want to join. Contact the Team Captain for the password if necessary. There are awards given to the teams with the best names. We had to leave the office two different times last year because the Mud Ninja went on a laughing fit for hours on end over the names of teams.
Can I run the race with no shoes?
No, you must wear shoes.
Can I run the race with no clothes?
Umm? No, you must wear clothes.
Will there be water to drink after the race?
Yes, water will be available.
Will there be food?
Come and get your chow on! Food vendors will have multiple options available for purchase.
Are there awards?
As a response to feedback from Mud Ninjas everywhere, Mud Ninja Swords will be awarded by age groups in 2018. The top 3 ninjas in each age group by gender will receive a Mud Ninja sword. Also, the top 3 overall male and female competitors will receive a limited edition Mud Ninja sword.
When will the awards be given out?
Swords and plaques for the costume contest will be given at high noon.
How do I transfer my registration to another Ninja or change my wave time?
The Mud Ninja knows that things change and life happens. Band concerts pop up, injuries occur and weddings are announced. If this happens to you and you need to change your wave time or let a friend run in your place – you can do so. There will be no additional fee for changing you’ll only pay the difference in the registration price at that time.
What do I bring?
- Photo ID is absolutely necessary for you to attempt the challenge.
- Money to buy food and drinks.
- Clothes to change into.
- A towel to sit on.
- A signed, initialed, and dated copy of the waiver. It saves a lot of time when registering if you have it ready.
What do I leave at home?
- Alcoholic beverages.
- REAL weapons, knives and/or firearms will not be allowed.
- Containers made of glass.
- No sore losers permitted.
- Winy attitudes.
What should I bring for the Victory Party?
Dry clothes that smell better then you do. Or stay muddy and party at the victory party. Money for food, beverages, and Mud Ninja gear.
How do I volunteer?
This event is ran by hundreds of volunteers and a few staff. Thank you for asking the question. Click here to volunteer. You Mud! (That’s the Mud Ninja way of saying, “You Rock!”) Time to get your mud on!
Can someone else use my entrance ticket if I can’t make it?
Entrance fees are non-transferable. The person who signed up will be the person we let in. There are no refunds under any conditions.
Can someone other then myself pick up my registration packet?
Yes, but they must have a printed copy of your ticket and a waiver signed by you.
Will there be a baggage check?
Yes, there will be an area to check your bag. Closed bags only.
What if the weather is bad?
How awesome would that be! Mucho Mud! If the weather is too severe, the event will be canceled and no refunds will be issued under any circumstance. If it does rain, please check your email for parking directions.
Will there be showers?
Yes, for 2018 there will be two options. The first is to shower in ninja style! For those that have partaken in the past, they know that this is yet another page in your epic adventure. The second option was a huge hit last year of private heated showers and changing rooms. The showers come as part of a premium ticket. Check it out during registration and select that option if the ninja inside you says “kia”. The premium ticket also comes with a food ticket to some of the best food ever be served in the mud. Available slots will be limited to a certain quantity for every wave so hurry and register early to ensure a spot for your wave time.
Do I need to know how to swim?
It depends how tall you are. If you see participants in mud/water up to their shoulders and you are smaller than a person’s shoulders, then you will need to swim.
How does a wave start work?
Instead of having thousands of potential Mud Ninjas run the race all at once, we divide the participants into waves. The Mud Ninja could fight them all at once, but he thought he would give everyone a fair chance to take a swing at him if he divided them up.
What should I wear?
Clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty. Bring a bag that you can check in to store a change of clothes.
Can I wear a costume?
Please do. Laughing helps hide the pain and cover up the shame of defeat! There will be a costume contest to strut your stuff.
Carefully read these rules. We have rules so everyone will have a safe, entertaining, and enjoyable time. If you are found to not be abiding by the rules, you will be escorted from the event.
- There are no refunds issued under any circumstances.
- When Maximum capacity is reached, the event will be closed for registration.
- The layout is possible to change due to events out of control of the promoter, such as dates, times, and design of the obstacles.
- In the event of an act of God, extreme weather, or disaster the producers reserve the right to cancel the event. Participants are responsible for knowing and understanding the published rules, including any modifications, prior to the event. There are no refunds under any circumstances.
- Instructions verbal or written, given by by staff, instructors, volunteer or medical care providers, must be followed by all those on the premises and that attempt the challenge. Any one who does not follow the instructions will be asked to leave. If participants use offensive language, unsportsmanlike behavior, or refuse to relinquish the attempt at a challenge, will be asked to leave.
- Those that attempt the event accept all risks and acknowledge that the Mud Ninja is an extreme athletic event and accept all risks involved with the event.
- Those attempting the Mud Ninja agree to allow the producer to have rights to any pictures or video footage of the challenge for use in the future.
- After a participant has finished the course they may not revisit the course.
- Participant agrees to allow medical personnel to examine them for any condition and issue medical services if they are unable to respond. If a participants condition is determined to be severe by the medical staff, they may be removed from the course.
- Participants agree that they are responsible for all expenses involving any medical/non-medical condition or event that results from either training for the Mud Ninja or participating in the Mud Ninja, including but not limited to hospitalization, ambulance usage and doctor visits.
- Bib Numbers must be worn during the race. You will be asked to leave the course if you are not wearing a bib.
- It is prohibited to urinate or defecate on the course.
- No pets or animals are permitted at the event.
- Bicycles, skateboards, motorcycles, ATV’s or scooters are not permitted on the course.